Thursday, May 17, 2012

I admit I get confused with having 2 blogs, a Facebook account, and a Facebook business page... how do people manage to update their twitters, Instagrams, etc etc etc? :D So hopefully you are staying updated between these four things! I just posted about our trip in Utah here
www.nathanandarancha.blogspot.com

I thought about using this blog as an encouragement and help to other missionary wives on deputation. It seems like every trip has something I learn from and that makes our traveling easier :) So here is one! You might think I'm crazy, but trust me, when you are only home 3 weeks in 5 months, everything that can make your travels better are great things ;)

I recently was given an electric skillet and a rice cooker. We bought a plastic bin that could fit these two with some seasonings and cooking ingredients. We easily can bring it in prophet's chamber that don't have kitchens or to some hotels that allow cooking (not many of them do though, so we won't try in these...).

So for a quick, easy, and clean meal, I boiled spaghetti in the rice cooker, browned the meat on the skillet, and put it all together in a crockpot with my favorite Ragu pasta sauce (protected with those crockpot lining bags for no need to clean it later!). In 30 minutes I had supper made and was able to clean it really quick! I helps have a little bit of a healthier meal while on the road and it helps your budget as well! This bin keeps all the cooking together to make it easier to bring it in and out of places.

There are lots of easy and quick recipes that you can make! Sometimes we stay at missions houses for several days with a kitchen area but no stove or oven. So I'm always happy when we can cook something ourselves :)

Have a blessed day!

Arancha

No comments: