Monday, May 28, 2012

Home sweet home!

I know my home is everywhere I can be with my husband and son. It especially applies in deputation, since you are never home! But today we made it to Alabama! This is where we consider our physical home :) Oh the little things in life we get for granted... a couch to sit and relax, an oven to bake, a fridge to keep Alex's soy milk, a backyard for Alex to play... don't take me wrong! We love deputation so much! And we would have never changed the past 5 months of our lives for anything! We have loved it so much!!! And we're looking forward to seeing how God works through the rest of our deputation :) He has been so good and has blessed us so much! We've seen so many amazing places and there are so many more to come! Wonderful experiences and family time and memories we will never forget. We have also met such wonderful people and can now count on their prayers for God to move in the hearts of Spaniards and for God to use us greatly to reach them with the Gospel! Deputation is a must for us to be missionaries. I always tell Nate: had I not gone through deputation before being on the mission field, I would have been a mess of a pastor's wife ;) So if you are considering deputation, do not get discouraged! It has been one of the best parts of our lives!!! And we wouldn't change it because it has been part of God's plan for our lives. I truly believe God's plans are perfect and I fully trust in His plans.
But I just want to thank Him for everything He has done and continues to do in our lives :)

Oh, and my deputation tip for the day: plastic drawers (dressers) in the back of our van has kept our clothes so much more organized! And now that we are back home, all we needed to do was put them in our closet. No unpacking to do, and it's always easy to find what you need. We keep two of them in our car. It's made our packing and unpacking much easier and eliminated a lot of stress ;)

As for now, I'm going to keep relaxing a little bit and enjoy my delicious iced caramel latte that my husband made me. He is amazing and I love him so much!
Have a blessed day and thank you for your prayers!

Arancha

1 comment:

DP said...

Hi, I have an old prayer card of yours and have been praying for you guys. I am wondering if you are still missionaries to Spain? Thank you! DP in TX