Thursday, September 8, 2011

Welcome back!

I have not written on this blog since before I became a mom! :) But I assumed that those that were really interested in me always knew about me through Facebook.... And I barely find any time for reading! Too many things I want to do, try, learn...and I can't find time for any of them!
This year I told myself I had to find more time to learn what I wanted to learn or improve what I wanted to improve. I love photography, I love sewing, I love languages, I love making desserts....One of the things I really wish I could do was reading. I never read for two reasons:
1. I don't have time
2. I don't like reading, besides reading the Bible (even though I've always loved studying!)

I knew reading was good for me, so I decided to push myself a little bit and try to enjoy it! I've already read one book and I'm half way another one! And I'm finally enjoying reading :) So I decided to share a few of the things I've been learning through these books. Some of the things are obvious. Some of the things I've heard a gazillion times. Some of them I've known this whole time. But you know sometimes it just doesn't click or it doesn't hit you! So here we go, for whoever is interested!

I wrote notes on all of them just to remind myself every day of things I need to keep in mind, and things I need to do to be a happy joyful Christian, wife, and mother. But the first one I want to share is the reason why I'm blogging:
- Share with people what God has done in your life. It's something I've done for a while with my friends and family. God has really worked miracles in my life and marriage. He has really showed me I can trust Him and He has proved Himself in my life in many ways. Some difficult times have been harder than others, but it all has been a preparation for our lives as missionaries. Stepping on full time deputation by faith has been easier because of this, and I truly thank God for all those difficult situations He placed in our lives in the past! It has increased our faith and strengthen us spiritually!

My unsaved family and friends have drastically changed the way they see Christianism because of what God has done in our lives! They have seen miracles happening in our lives, and that is little by little making them be more open to the Gospel. And of course, some other times I haven't been the Christian I should have been and I know that has not helped much. So I want to make a point in my life to always share God's blessings and miracles with others.

- My family is my ministry: so many times I've heard that! I know it! I know my family is my ministry! But so many time I've also gotten caught up with photography, church work, helping friends, and I haven't taken care of my family as well as I should so I could please others. It is great to please others. God wants me to help and please others, and of course please Him more than others. But I always have to keep in mind, my family comes first, and if something is going to hinder the ministry God has given me as a wife and mother, then it's probably something I should not do.

- Give what you lack: this one hit me the harderst. It is so easy for me to do things for God that I enjoy doing. But it really pleases God when I give Him things that are not easy for me to give, or things I lack. I am not talking about money here, although money is a good example. I am talking about abilities, gifts, and many other areas of our lives. To me it is very easy when I do photo sessions for missionaries, pastors, churches... I really enjoy it and I want to do it to be a blessing. But I know there are other things in my life I haven't given much from, and I know God would be really pleased if I did. Reading is probably one of them! I do faithfully read my Bible, but I haven't spent time enough doing other types of reading to help me grow spiritually. This is something I want to pray and search in my life. I'm trying to find what things I lack so I can give them to God! And there must be many! But I am so excited to find more so I can give them to my Savior!

I hope this can be a blessing to you! There are many many many other things I've been learning lately! And hopefully I'll share them on another post soon!

Have a blessed day!

Arancha

2 comments:

Unknown said...

jHi guys, met you at Grace Baptist Church in Portland ME when you came to visit, really enjoyed meeting you! I don't know if you guys are on facebook, if you are, please send me a note at zoeboboey@rocketmail.com, you can also read my blog, "Walking After Midnight," which I have barely started :) God bless you and your ministries and may God reach people's hearts through yours! xo Kathy Bailey

Nate and Arancha Photography said...

Hi! How are you???? We do have Facebook! It was a blessing to be in your church! Thank you guys for all you did for us!
God bless you greatly!

Arancha