Tuesday, September 27, 2011

John 14:45
"If ye love me, keep my commandments."
I often struggled wondering if I loved God enough, or how to know if I loved God like I should. I was trying to measure how much I love Him, and basing it on the wrong things. As I was reading the book "A Wife's Purpose" by Cindy Schaap, she talked about this subject. And it opened my eyes and allowed me to see it in a different way. I am glad I can know I love Him because I keep His commandments. Of course I am not perfect! But I am excited to know that my love for Him will increase as I keep obeying Him more and more. It makes me look forward to obeying God! Not that I didn't obey Him before, but there are always areas in our lives that need to be improved. And there are also areas that need to be completely changed. I have fervently prayed to God that He would show me those areas. He has faithfully done so and He is giving me all I need to change them. I am excited about the changes! And I'm praying I will be faithful and obedient to His Word, and that I will allow Him to change me to do His perfect will and make me the person I need to be. I know I can be quite stubborn or forgetful :) I want my prayer to be like this every day:
"Search me O God, and know my heart: try me and know my thoughts:
And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."-Psalm 139:23-24

No comments: